View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #27
reflexx
Regular User

Since I am sure this is a troll fest waiting to happen... I will at least stir the pot.

Are you folks just pulling stuff out of your ass?

192mph according to MotorTrends tests and that with 420rwhp....Do the math people...The Vipers gearing is geared for it to reach a theoretical top speed over 300mph..In stock form it cant do this of course.
Nor can it in ANY form. If you understood basic aerodynamics you would know that car has stability problems even at 240 much less 300.

Supras better drag cars than Vipers huh??????How can you say that when they both trap around the same ET and the Viper usually has more mph... Vipers are harder to launch
spew more, please... what are you even talking about? what traps around the same ET? Vipers and Supras? are we talking a 300hp supra vs a 1000 hp viper? 1000 hp supra vs 450 hp viper? How can you compare these cars without listing any other information? Have you ever been to the strip? Driven a high horsepower car on the strip? It seems you know absolutely nothing about cars, horsepower, traction, launching, racing, or any other related topic.

The Supra camp has been at this game longer than the Viper camp
That's funny, they both started in 1993....

Even Supra guys will tell you that Vipers have the edge on circuit tracks...This doesnt mean a well setup Supra cant beat a Viper on the track...But given equal drivers and proper track setup for both the Viper will win...
What kind of supra? what kind of viper? Go watch the jun supra rip around a track (http://www.astrocore.com/movies/junsupra_full.mpeg) and then tell me about how much supras suck on the circuits. I don't know what you mean by proper track setup. If I put millions of dollars into a supra, it would certainly beat a viper with less money in it. What are the rules? Can i put a 7-speed formula-1 transmission in the supra? I think the point here is that performance is related to just a few factors - the main one is MONEY.

If you want to talk REAL NUMBERS, the supra's coefficient of drag is 0.31, whereas the 2000 viper is 0.50 and the 2003 viper is 0.43. All other factors being the same, a viper will require approximately 25% more horsepower to compete on the top end. The viper weighs approximately 20% more. All other factors being equal, the viper will require approximately 20% more horsepower to compete on the bottom end of the speed spectrum.

Other than that - it's all about how much you spend! Here, the supra clearly wins - a decently reliable 1000 hp viper can be built for around 130-150K including the price of the car, you can do the same thing in a supra for 60-70K (I can even produce a precise parts list if you'd like!)
reflexx is offline   Reply With Quote