View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:55 AM   #146
Guibo
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
weird, its a journalist from a respected car mag, so i dont think he got a wrong info, maybe the guy from which u heard it was misinformed and didnt know about this super vette.
Nah, I think Autocar got their info confused. In fact, the info is nothing new and quotes Lutz from the Autoweek article word for word. They probably stitched this together from the time reported for the Z06 in Auto Bild, which was "just more than 7:40". And from what I've heard, that article made no reference to any Blue Devil. Without a pic of what's under the hood (and so far there is none) or official word from GM (they don't yet formally acknowledge its existence), there's no way to say this is the Blue Devil. It would make much more sense to lap the 'Ring with the Z06, just as GM had announced months before, and set the lap time with it. Word I'm hearing is that the time may be released around 7/25.
Even if it is the Blue Devil, for Magnussen to have gotten that time on just a few laps is still pretty impressive. Anything below 8 is simply cooking on that track. With a driver who knows the 'Ring like the back of his hand (say, Horst von Saurma) and can commit to many of the blind corners, who knows...
Guibo is offline   Reply With Quote