View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
stmoritzer
Regular User

WTF with imagehigh? Uploaded the original pics again, maybe you guys have a look at them and may even post some of your edited ones with comments how you did it.

http://www.savefile.com/files/148537

Thanks for your comments so far, you mainly focused on the ISO setting, which was at 200 and therefore pretty ok. :bah:

Originally Posted by ZondaC12
Links of originals pictures don't seem to work

BTW, I really prefer photoshop pictures than paintshop one.
But by lighting dark parts of the picture, you make appear a lot of "noise", we can clearly see it on the Enzo photoshoped (on its right side) You can use programs like Neat Image, it's very usefull, but you will have to put a little more contrast
Link is working now, 3 files uploaded to savefile.com

Why do you prefer PS over PSP?

I know Neatimage, but hardly used it so far, loss of sharpness :bah:

Originally Posted by c0wb0y007
Hi stMoritzer,
. lots and lots of light. just check what the iso/asa setting was during that session. It looks like it was set at 600-800, when you combine that with a very high shutterspeed you get those grainy images. .....

Let me know what you think of it ! You may always send me a pm as well.
Good Luck
Cheers
Thanks for the reply, I may come back to your offer after some testing.

I checked again, since I always use ISO 200 (90%) or lower
and the Enzo picture has ISO 200, shutter speed of 250 with F5.6
the the other two have also ISO200, a 1/250sec with F4.5

I'll try your hint with the shutterspeed, IMO below a 1/60sec also static pics could be blurry

Originally Posted by davide
I just realised a few days ago what ISO can really do to your pictures so from now I try to shoot with as low ISO as possible and as cowboy says, a suitable shutter speed.

Sometimes I shoot same picture but just with a different ISO just to get one right

You shoot some really nice pictures stmoritzer, keep it up!
Thanks davide

Originally Posted by TT
Yep as said, the original pics are terribly noisy, for sure because you don't block ISO at the lowest setting (a must IMO) and let the camera decide. Some cameras, go figure, raise the ISO setting even in full sun depending on which mode you're using.

You should have some P or partially manual mode where you can at least set stuff like no flash and ISO at 50 / 100. That will help already greatly, and of course as said, try to shoot at slower speeds when possible. Actually if you're like me, 1/30 will be too slow LOL, but 1/60 to 1/80 are easily manageable.
I never use automatic -mode!, ISO is set to 200 mostly like for these pics ... I'll try the lower shutterspeed but as you, below 1/60 is often blurry

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote