View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 05:51 AM   #3
gtx28
Regular User

ya i know i know but its not the dumbest thing ive done in a tshirt how about 105' under water @ 52 degree temp in a tshirt that wasnt too smart

I read rc's speech about old and bold dont happen, ya ya ya.

I feel stupid after I do these stunts like scuba diving alone, or diving improperly or driving on public roads alot faster than I should. But the big things I tend to be good with. I dont endanger other divers when im in the water. I dont drive fast where there could be children or pedestrians jumping out. Only been in one accident(the other driver she was drunk and ran a red light) and never gotten a ticket.

I guess the point is, I havent the money for proper leathers etc so when I get started in new hobbies I tend to take more chances than I should. Isnt it odd what we find acceptable. I for instance wont ride at all without a helmet on but I did a stupid stunt like that in only a tshirt.

Edit again: Now that im thinking about it one of my scuba stunts saved someones life so I suppose there not all bad. I did a bounce dive after a long bottom time with almost no surface interval and not all my passengers were up yet a husband and wife couple were still down. The husband started to make a runaway ascent, I grabbed his bc and a rock and held him down till he could release the pressure in his bc and slowly ascend. Had I not done that or risked the bounce dive he would have shot to the surface like a rocket and dcs himself to death.
gtx28 is offline   Reply With Quote