View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #43
jon_s
Regular User

In the long run I am not sure that voluntary donations is a viable idea. There may be an influx of money initially for those who support the site, but sure even those of us who have the best intentions would 'forget' to continue donating. Even if I am wrong, there would be no way to gauge how much money is going to come in. Obviously the worst case (although unlikely) would be that no money comes in for a period of time meaning that Jabba would have to cover the costs.

The soultion? I have no answers, maye a two tier system. I don't mean this to segrigate the 'population' in any way, but we could have the voulntary donation avaliable to every member. Upon donation some form of reward/perk should follow. This would allow those who do not want to be tied in (however losely) to an annual subscription. I am very selective with my subscriptions, which means that if I was any less dedicated to this site I would think twice about signing up. I am fairly sure this would apply to a fair few of JW's members.

So the second tier would be a full blown subscription. I would comfortably pay £20-30 a year. Again some form of perk would be nice. Although I am pretty happy with what I have got thus far 0X