View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 01:12 PM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Gilles27
... and not to mention some `drivers carī features like the rigid rear axle (De Dion type?) or the 3 speed (automatic?) gearbox. Since when a pushrod based V8 can reach a 1000hp figure even turbocharging it?
Uhm since when?

Every single day - and sometimes 3 times a day .

That's since when.

You are aware that the Viper is a pushrod V10.. right? Turbo Vipers of over 1000hp are now common place - every tuner has one.

You are aware that the there are numerious 1000hp+ Chevy pushrod V8's from every tuner... right?

Before I jump to conclusions, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not just arbitrarily bashing American pushrod engines because you hate them - but because you are misinformed..

i'm unsure about the "rigid rear axle" part right now... but i know its 4 wheel independant suspension; and there is a torsional bar beneath the motor that applies torque as the engine spins to keep the nose to the ground; where most cars the torque applies left/right, or even rearward...

the engine is 725-749 RWHP on pump gas; at 8psi... there is nothing to remotely try to argue about there... fact is plane as day.
on 114 racing octane, the car is 1200 RWHP @ 12psi; and the boost is fully adjustable built in (no aftermarket nessisary)

both the egine, and the trans can handle that beating with no complaints

Yg60m; thanks for the video... i couldn't find the turbo vids you were talking about in the vault...