Thread: 300
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 05:04 AM   #39
asid631
Regular User

i was a bit dissapointed to be honest... but then again i had some really high expectations. Though the fight sequences were simply amazing, as a whole package, it falls short by a long way if u campare it to gladiator or braveheart....

then there was the annoying commentary by the guy with the weird accent, and the tons of historical inaccuracies. Also, there was just toooo much 'Spartan' going around, for eg. at the end of the movie when the showed the greek army charging, i personally dont see how it fits into history considering the persians were finally defeated at a sea battle.

Also, both braveheart and gladiator were quite moving in the end, this
one just ended, sort of, whn lyonidas was standing in the end and remembering his queen, personally i preferred how the showed maximus nearing the gates to paradise and his awaiting famiily with that moving music in the background....

perhaps i was just a bit dissapointed becuz i watched gladiator the day before, but this movie had all the potential to become a classic, the action, the history, evrything, if only they had hired a better director.

mel gibson perhaps.... :D
asid631 is offline   Reply With Quote