View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 12:39 AM   #48
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by astonmartinandy
Originally Posted by hemi_fan
Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
the Ferrari has teh badge the passion and also the speed the technology while the Vette has leaf springs and plastic bumpers
What do leaf springs and plasitc bumpers have to do with anything!?! If it aint broke... dont fix it.
How can you say that? If everybody had that attitude there would be no progression nor development because it's simply "working fine" today.

As for the 'Vette, it does seem like a modern classic American muscle car with the big lazy V8 and ridiculously cheap price, but, 1) Won't tyres that wide hamper rather than aid the handling of car (not to mention the suspension) and 2) I appreciate that they did not want to "strain" the engine, but surely 71 bhp/litre is just woefully inefficent compared with the F430 (112 bhp/litre)
1) yes, wider tyres on the front will numb out the steering feel alittle, but that should be counter out abit by the front mounted big blocks.

2) Why do we have to go over the HP thingy over and over again. HP is a rating of work done...thus, distance is part of the equation. The fact that Ferrari engine has a higher RPM will mean that it will for sure produce more HP/L. It is torque over the rev band that matters in acceleration.

3) I really don't know the efficiency, but I am quite sure that this block will sustain more abuse than the Ferrari for sure.