View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #14
|Nuno|
Regular User

Dude it was system of a down decision to release two albums..
Yeah I know, they said they had enough ideas for 2 albums, so they did it. If it's a good or bad decision, I don't know, I'll have to hear both first. I was just saying that the money wasn't the reason, due to my other point.

as for 20cents per record.. i don't believe that.
You can bet that there some bands that don't even get 1 cent, but it's up to you to believe it or not.

And bands are under no obligation to make 'Radio friendly' singles..
Slipknot, Slayer, In Flames and many other bands have all being asked to make radio singles
So, which one is it?

I'm not saying ALL bands are obliged, but try to start a new band tomorrow with your friends that doesn't appeal the masses and you'll see what I mean.

Hell, that's not even necessary, just look at Linkin Park:

They used to be my favourite band. 'Hybrid Theory' is one of my favourite albums ever. Great stuff. Sold 15 million copies worldwide.

And then look at Meteora, which is nothing more than "Hybrid Theory 2", thanks to Mr. Don Gilmore and Warner Bros. and had 5 singles released...

And I won't even talk about "Collision Crap"...

Right now their fan base consists mostly of 12 years old girls who think the band members are "hawt". Sad.

They used to be great, but now they're just Warner's puppets.

Ah, and I wasn't specificaly talking about S.O.A.D. when it comes to radio-friendly singles.

they only make what they want to
Again, some do, but most don't.

record labels do suck yes, even worse when they produce crap like britney spears and all the rap shit that is coming out.
Damn right.