View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #48
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR View Post
I agree that the damage is a bit off, but it is still there. When you hit a wall, you can tell you hit the wall. When you run off-road, the car gets dirty. Like you said, you avoid damage at all costs, including tapping the car in front and crumpling your bumper.

Adding the other stuff would be more realistic, but would the game be as much fun? Part of the "fun" of a video game, is going out and running the cars flat out. It may be fun to a few people to run the car at 90% because things could break, but it would not appeal to the masses of people that want a game where they can run the cars flat out.

Again, its a game, not real life. If you want it to be real, go take the Z06 to the track (which I know you do and give you props for taking such a beast to the track, where it belongs)
Forzas damage is mediocre at best - it really is cosmetic only as the damage from htting a wall at speed is not well modelled at all - they didnt even bother to paint the damage appropriate fo the material being damaged - and their mechanical damage is a facre at best.

Since you are no longer competitive with the damage you do recieve, why not retire from the race with a broken radiator - the way it is right now, it may as well not be modelled.

I would rather have proper reply acameras in place of "damage" that is so poorly implemented.

For goodness sakes, even Need For Speed ProStreet has race ending damage with pretty much the same fully licensed cars Forza has.

And damage can be turned on or turned off, so that will allow the players to choose what they want.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote