View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #52
sobolan
Regular User

1) the credits at the end were very funny..."Cletus Clarkson"

2) actually, you can do better for $1000. When I was a grad student in Houston, I managed to buy a '96 Accent, green, sunroof, tip top, for $1000. Drove it for 3 years, only changed oil and managed to sell for $1500. It had a manual and it drove very nice. Oh, and the AC was blowing ice cold...a must in Houston.

3) sometimes is better to rent than buy. As I did in Dec.-Jan., during my last visit to the States. Rented from Hertz, for 10 days, for 350Euro/$455, a red Nissan 350Z, with all the insurance you can buy and unlim.mileage. From SFO(SF airport). Wanted to get the GT-H, but the manager refused to offer unlim miles for it...
And I got there in style...hired a limo for less than the taxi faire to get there
Put the 350Z to good use, done a trip to Las Vegas (and back),...600miles in less than 8 hrs, including "toilet stops" (due to the "girlfriend factor... )

Anyway...if you know where you can go, what part of the town is off limits...and that the americans really mean "private property"...US is a nice place to visit.

Judging by the regular unleaded price, 2.76 in Alabama's backyard...the feature must be shot during last year, fall (october?) Now you can buy premium for that even in Palo Alto, CA!
sobolan is offline   Reply With Quote