Thread: My rides
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #30
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Last for now Next thing i have done was one i should have done MUCH earlier....... something about the FRAME.

As it is impossible to get a spare frame as a whole from Yamaha, i had to find a "spender RXZ". And i did just that - i managed to find an "illegal" one, that had been modified for racing and had no papers, hence could not be legally registered. In the meantime, the price of petrol has skyrocketed in Thailand (used to be 16 Baht per liter when i got the bike, yesterday when i filled up it was 41 Baht per liter!) and the RXZ is no longer a loved bike - two-strokes generally lost much of their favour. So i got this one for no more than 2,000 Baht - and it included a Showa-fork which alone is worth around 10,000 Baht and a highly modified engine, amongs other things containing that bored-up and ported cylinder which has 150 cc displacement and has, according to my mechanic who really knows these things, the potential for 55-60 horsepower with matching expansion exhaust and 34mm carb. With my setup, the Lemang pipe and stock 28 mm carb, it makes approximately 35 horsepower - more than enough and well more than the stock 20 Here is the whole bike that i got:

As you can see, this is the older type where that Lemang pipe belongs to. I like that styling even more than mine - so i took not only the rear part of the frame, but also side panels, rear fairing, tail light and of course that cylinder and piston onto mine. I would have taken the whole engine but that racing clutch is such a hard thing, suitable for racing it is but driving around Bangkok on a daily basis would require me to do body building for my fingers

Now, i could not take the whole frame from it due to the frame number - and that frame had no papers. So i simply cut of the (perfectly straight) bit and then cut off my (perfectly BENT) bit, and welded the "new" one onto mine. Have a look how that looked like before:

Kinda hard to believe that i was actually RIDING that thing! But ride it i did, 31,000 kilometers to the day i changed it.

Now the operation of changing it made the RXZ look the poorest ever since i got it - see the poor soul here:

But from there it emerged as what it is today, including genuine GIVI top case and GIVI monorack:

MY BELOVED BULLDOZER!!

Pictures of my new LED tail light will soon follow.

Best regards......

Thanh
Thanh-BKK is offline   Reply With Quote