Thread: My rides
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Now, TECHNICALLY up to standard, i had to do something about the still "junk-like" look of the bike. As we have some rather weird laws in Thailand, concerning motor vehicles, it is illegal to change such vehicle's colour. Which means no less than if my bike rolled off the assembly line in black, it still has to be black the day it is scrapped and de-registered.

However it is not specified WHAT TYPE of black. So i went for a somewhat radical paint job - flat black, please, all over.

Now, i use that bike daily, and for that reason i had no time to do a decent job. It may not look like it on the pictures (still with my Nokia 3230), but this paint job took no more than a couple of hours - the bike was NOT taken apart (!!) and certainly not sanded, not even really CLEANED before spraying 4 cans of flat black over it. Still looks pretty much ok for such a sloppy job:

The very next day i enhanced the looks further - that old stock headlight and stock indicators had to go, chrome please - these bits are actually Kawasaki parts, for the GTO Mk6. But look nice on a Yamaha RXZ, too! Also the mirors were replaced, and both front and rear mud flaps installed (those are home-made by the way):

To be continued.
Thanh-BKK is offline   Reply With Quote