Thread: 05 Mustang Pics
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 09:19 AM   #69
kn7671
Regular User

I have to say I am glad that for redesigned the Mustang after another long 10+ years on the current Mustang, but this car is becoming more and more of a niche product and is losing sales quickly. GM saw the light, why can't Ford.

Ford needs to Focus on real cars for real people. If you are 25-35 years old, what current Ford car would you buy if you wanted to go fast. The Focus is a joke with the engines and drivetrains available here is the USA, and the Mustang still has a solid rear axle, underpowered V8 engine. It has to be one of the more INefficient V8's on the market today. Almost every other car manufacturer can make V8's of 4.2L or larger make over 300HP, and Ford is just now stepping to that mark. On top of that, the Mustangs fuel mileage is one of the poorest of all current V8 equipped cars in America. The Corvette ZO6 gets much better mileage, and it makes more power and is a larger engine.

Come on Ford, get with it. Make some advancements in this car. I want honest to goodness suspension on all Mustangs, drop the solid live axle. Improve the dampers, the Mustang rides harsh and wants to bump itself off the road. Give us a real V6 making 250+hp, then offer a nice 350+hp V8 as standard GT level. The Cobra should be a 425+HP engine using a NA 5.4L engine, not a SC 4.6L.

What a weak factory effort. I would be embarresed to buy a Mustang Cobra with a SuperCharger from the factory. Here is a company that has heritage of making the V8 popular, and racing history with high-powered NA V8's, but to have to result to SC'ing from the factory, horrible.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote