View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bluedemon View Post
An interesting argurement has arrisin in this thread, but I must agree with RC45, I'm 23 and when I was growing up I learned and quickly I might add to do what I was told, now as a child sometimes I didn't listen and I paid the consequences, spanking or my favorite having to stand with my nose on the doorknob for 15-20 mins, nothing like good o'l fashioned humilation for punishement. But heres the thing, it worked, I respected my elders, never once did I tell my parents to "shut up" or anything like that. I also didn't grow up on video games, but I think that playing them does not alter a persons sense of reality, thats just a cop out used my children and parents to take away any responsiblity that they might have. There is nothing wrong with spanking your children for discipline, now granted there is a line that can't be crossed when it comes to discipling your children and that is up to the parents to realize. But if a kid knows he is going to get a spanking when he does something wrong then when he grows up he won't do things that are unlawful and morally disdainfull. The future does not look well for the world if parents don't get some control over their children, I see kids downtown with the parents and I wonder why these adults lets their children talk to them like that, I would have been backhanded to next sunday if I spoke to my parents like that. Don't blame violent and misbehaved children on video games, blame them on bad parenting.
You too?? hehe

Strange thing is I never even thought about saying some of the things I have seen kids yell at their parents in public these days.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote