View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
To get respect you need to show respect. I'm willing to bet that the kids involved in this incident all had neglectful parents and/or teachers. They've just been brought up poorly. I'm not sure spanking has any substantive effect at all, either way. It's all part of a bigger process.
It is not the actual thrashing that has the substantive effect - it is the threat of the thrashing.

When I was a youngster I only got hit once on the backside with a belt. when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old.... for defying a parent and kicking the football in the house.

The ball bounced and smashed some items in the house. Interesting thing is that from then on, when either parent (or auts or uncles or grand parents) made a request to do or not do something, I did or didnt do it as required.

You know why? Because I receieved a thrashing on my backside amd it was painful enough to leave an impression.

That impression was that there are consequences to action and it is better to not commit a violatin or crime.

So, unlike these days where you see a parent or grandparent saying "Johnny - don't do that" and he replies "Fuckoff old man" in our day you actually respected the person, command and general order of things.

The idea that "kids" need to be pandered to is absurd. The reason many western cultures are besot with rampant juvenile crime is because the kids were not TAUGHT respect to command they are given.

The idea that I and all other people who were raised with the threat of corporal punishment have all become wife beating, child abusing gang raping mass murderes is stupid at best.

The reality is were actually have respect fo rthe rule of law and are able to operate in a society of laws a lot easier than brats who were pandered to at every turn.

Spare the rod and spoil the nation.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote