View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #17
toffytofik
Regular User

^
Imaginary cars and tracks doesn't bother majority of people playin' it anyway as long as they get the right feel of the car while racing each other online. That's the fun of LFS which made it the most popular racing sim so far.

RBR's engine isn't that good indeed, but yet it covers some basic aspects of rallying pretty decently. I mentioned it just because there's no better rally sim. If there would be, be sure i'd forgot what RBR is.

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
It might sound shallow, but I like games with real life cars in them. GRID is obviously not trying to be realistic as a racing sim, but Codemasters stuff are pretty realistic-ish for an arcady game. In fact, it's probably more fun than a sim. Racing sims are awesome, but they can be very tiring (I don't think I can play any of the SimBin stuff for more than a week). I remember in Colin McRae games where you can just do insane lurid slides on dirt around corners just for fun, not realistic, but fun. I dunno. It's just me. Besides, it'll be worlds better than anything EA can cook up.
Vice versa in my case. I sometimes play these racing games too, they're very appealing visually, but somehow i usually get bored before i even complete 'em. I guess i'm spoiled by simulators, lol.

Anyway, i guess that doesn't really matter what games we play untill we enjoy them and have our fun.
toffytofik is offline   Reply With Quote