Thread: McLaren F1
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #40
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^^^^^
so.... with so many modern tech out there, and so many 500 hp+++ 500 ft. lbs. torque cars out there, couldn't mighty Mclaren use a new tech that will last longer?

seriously, the F1 isn't the benchmark so many people claim it to be... the facts just don't support it.

every single thing that it is supposed to do better, I can think of another car that does it better... from the same era no less

i also seriously doubt some guy is driving truly "sportingly" if his clutch has lasted 25,000 miles.... even low-pow econoboxes driven sportingly wont have clutches that last anywhere near that ..... let alone a 600 hp V12
Huh? You're reaching a bit Nth... The CGT is 10 years newer or so, and it has the same problem as the F1 in terms of the clutch. If you want to have a very small and low interia clutch, you can't make it as strong as a truck's clutch.

Well, name another car from the early 1990s that has the same amazing throttle response of the F1, while at the same time having a 6L motor. Maybe there are cars out there with 500 trq from 1994 with a clutch that last longer...but its not a carbon clutch, and I can promise you it won't rev the way an F1 does.

i also seriously doubt some guy is driving truly "sportingly" if his clutch has lasted 25,000 miles.... even low-pow econoboxes driven sportingly wont have clutches that last anywhere near that ..... let alone a 600 hp V12
Uhh, by sportingly I don't mean drop clutch starts and drag racing, which yes, would cut through any clutch quickly. No offense, but if you are going through an econobox's clutch in under 25,000 miles just because you are driving "sportingly", you don't really know how to drive a manual...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote