View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #29
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Some comments:
- I'm not too fond about partial desaturation, and you were a bit sloppy as I still see some green.
- the plow is nice, although cropped a little too narrow, also looks oversharpened
- the first motocross pic is really good, you can still see some motion in the wheels, the second one has a halo around everything in the background and the third has a tilted horizon
- the first Lake Conroe pic is really unsharp, the jetskiers are nice

I hope that didn't sound too negative, just trying to give some usefull feedback.
Its fine .. I am always looking to improve ...
- I was just trying out the partial desaturation for the fun of it - didnt spend too much time on it to be honest. Next time I will look at a bit closer
- I agree on the plough - I hit the unsharp mask twice - should have done it just once
- the first Lake Conroe pic is really unclear - I agree - it was too damn far from me - I just wanted show this guy hanging on for dear life on that dingy like thing as it was flung about like a top... Couldnt seem to improve the picture any in Photoshop.
- About the motorcycles - I have to admit it was my goofing about in Photoshop that did it. Originally the picture came w/o a halo but the sky behind came out white. So I tried to lasso the sky section and change the levels on it to make it blue - but I couldn't get the edge perfect around the little boy and so you see the white halo

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote