View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #122
nthfinity
Regular User

I played Prologue for the first time on Friday..... The AWD cars are boring at best... and would really need some suspension fine tuning to turn them into oversteery-tight handing cars.

The C6 Z06... OMFG!!11!1111!
The F430 was pretty good too!

I was watching my friend play... and was really worried the game was crap. The Z06 would understeer through every corner, and only the worst situations caused him to oversteer nearly perpindicular to the track, then wildly swing to the other side ..... scrubbing so much speed before recovering....

I get a hold of his FFB wheel for my turn.... before starting the race.... it all makes sense. Mode switched to :
Professional
0 Traction control
0 Stability Control
Full FFB.

OMFG, the game feels ~Almost~ as good as GTR !!!

The C6 is a big power, oversteery car you have to throw into the corners, and balance the throttle until you start exiting.... mashing the gas mid-corner just makes you spin, or get so sideways you lose too much speed I LOVE THIS!

Within a few laps, I have a decent handle on the car, and am lapping faster then my friend using so many aids to help him.... he's surprised, as he said " this is going to be funny" when I first took the wheel.....which it was.... but he wasn't laughing after 3 laps of Suzuka He tried it.... well... some people have it, others dont (right away) hehe

Prologue puts a serious pull on my wallet to buy a PS3, and Prologue..... but I know I'll have all those cars, and more when it is released this fall. I look forward to it

Oh....... "drifting" is quite easy in 5.... where it doesn't last very long in 4..... if you squint your eyes with a 1080p TV.... it looks almost like it is real life! the interior of the car is fully done..... the way the "driver" takes his hand off the wheel in anticipation of the shift.... man.... I LOVE this game!