View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
fabro_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Ok - first impressions?

Sounds: My first objective was to earn enough money to bu a C6 Z06 and take it round the Daytona road course - to see if the GT team had redeemed themslves from their one environmental flaw...

My God did they ever... sound is glorious and accurate... the muffled yet destinctive sound of the stock LS7 is spine chillingly duplicated. No whistling hairdryer sound here.. just a gloriously deep throated V8 snarl - forceful, yet muffled just like the stock car when heard from inside at speed.

Now they would score 100% in sound area, if they didnt have such screechy/scrapy tyre sounds - but I think it may be down to what types of tyre feedback some people like to hear.

I notice different tyres squeal differently on different surfaces - some howl, some scree, some screech and some scuff.

In GT5, they all scree like econo car tyres over concrete in the Walmart parking lot - not a deal breaker for me.

(although I do have a little issue with the lack of front end grip with the stock tyres in the Z06 - but now I am looking for flaws)

AI Drivers: Seems they have spent the last 2 years in driving school, and it has paid off - they are 100% better than the old AI drivers. But dont try brake check them or you will get rammed..

While there is no damage modelled, you do get time penalties if you try use the other cars as bumper stops - no more cheating And if you get off track into the gravel - you are in trouble.

Physics: apperas to be spot on... very predicatable and "life like' and when you review the replays, the car behaves so life-like it is mind boggling.

Summary:
This is going to be another benchmark driving game. It is fantastically engrossing and fun.
RC, I know maybe you are excited with the new game, LOL we all do when getting a new one, but can you PLEASEEEEE SWEAR ON GOD that the sounds on the cars are accurate?? I mean every single car featured in it, including the Ferraris? believe me, I cant believe it, what about AI, is it really 100% better, or a 50% to 60%? I know graphically this game will kick everyones ass, but the rest of the game, is it really that improved???? I cant believe my eyes....

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote