View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Dont get me wrong, I love Yngwie, Vai and Satriani but I just find them to be very repetative to listen for more then half an hour.

I just remember sitting at the Satriani gig and having my jaw on the floore for the first 15 min but then it just went away and sounded the same from that point on.
call it bias, but i can listen to Ynwie for quite some stretches, where Vai/Statriani/Petrucci i can only listen to that magic 25 minutes at a time... to me, yngwie doesnt really belong in the G3... hes on a totally different style then the others (sure they all have thier own style... but yngwie is much less melodic, and closer to pure heavy metal)
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
the only respect I have for these guys is purely from a technical angle.

Me, well I like John Frusciante(RHCP probably the most undertated player alive today), Hendrix, David Gilmour(Floyd)....

To each his own I guess.
well.... i'll agree with hendrix, and gilmour also... it really depends on what kind of music the shredders make... some are eons better at actually writing music then others IMO..... but with any of them, it is respect for thier talent in playing rather then thier musical prowess.