View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 07:59 AM   #29
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Bilal786
And as for the auto argument, well the SLR has buttons behind the steering wheel that can shift faster than you can by hand, so next time do your research before you put down useless comments.

And you're all basing your arguments over the fact that the kid hammond who drove the SLR didn't like it.

Big expensive Merc, would you be ashamed if you had one of those?

Unbelievable arrogance!
Fist, let me say: user, great first post and I must say I agree with you on most of the things you say.

Some remarks however: you forgot to mention on of the biggest negative points - the brakes have no feeling at all. Ok this may be sorted out pretty easily but it seems they won't do it before they release the car... and a supercar with big faults even if they're easily corrected isn't that appealing.

And Bilal I don't have anything against auto gearboxes and they may be faster then me but shifting myself is one of the joys of driving IMO.

Overall if we're talking about the Enzo-CGT-SLR (so we're forgeting the Koenigsegg & Zonda). The CGT biggest problem indeed is it's clutch, and I wonder if it's possible to use the car when you're stuck in a traffic jam and you have to roll the car forward for just one or two meters each time...

By the way, I didn't know the interior was from real aluminium, not plastics, so good point!!

And yes we do rely on Richard Hammonds oppinion but not only on his. I also saw a review of the SLR on Turbo.fr & Motorvision and read an article about the car in CAR & EVO. They all share the same opinion. A supercar with an auto gearbox = a bit weird / the brakes make it hard to feel how hard you're braking / it looks exotic.

That the ride was hard, ok that's indeed a pretty weird argument. They say the Enzo is rockhard but I doubt that Richard has driven in many supercars... (not sure so don't shoot me) and other reviewers didn't mention it so I don't take to much notice of that comment.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote