View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

So, before placing my vote, let's try to spend some words about every picture. As always, if I criticize something it is not because I consider myself above the person, an expert or whatever.. I just post my impressions as the photonut I am, period personal preferences are just that and if critics can help somebody improve, that's even better!

P_zero - Well, this is a great picture.. cars placed like you wanted, good light, good winterish colors. Personally I would have moved the frame a bit upward, but it's just me
pzgren - nice cars in unusual conditions are always a thrill. A Carrera in such snowy conditions is very nice to my eyes. Now that Spring is coming, the pic looks a bit "outdated" LOL, but damn cool
TT - holy shit, that's a frigging Miura
dingo - your art is improving with minutes passing: every shoot is leagues better than the preview, which already was perfect With the CLS you outdone yourself again and this picture is organismic good! The kind of pic I would have liked to shoot myself :good:
MIHALS - This is a simple one. nice car at evening/night with a tripod. Always cool! Once again, the frame is too low IMO.
Smylait - Stunning pic: rare car in front of an hotel and nobody around. You obviously had to have a pretty tight frame to have the car alone, but we know in Paris it is impossible to shoot a wide angle picture showing the hotel, the car and still no other cars or ppl, so, considering the conditions, you did a perfect job! Very nice light and colors too
80ssport - Nice and tidy. Could be used by that dealer for their ads actually. A bit of a pity you can barely see F50 and F1 behind the Diablo.. they would add to the drama, but nonetheless, great pic!
eurocopter - not a supercar, yet a superb picture! Amazing setting, I just love it!
sl55kleemann - this is a nice picture of a nice Ferrari, the tight frame is ok and all, but it's just too simple IMO. Well exectured, but a bit plain probably. The grey sky doesn't help
twboy - another cool setting, well staged! Good contrast between the wall and the M5 :good:
komotar - this one put me on my ass Cyril! YOu have many occasions to shoot nice picture and you always find nice locations! it's a pleasure to briwse your topics! is the light inside the 159 lit on? If so, on purpose? because I like how the inside is well lit too.
nth - sweet one, I love all the car's lights play an important role in the final result!
salegosse - almost boring to comment your pics.. they are always well framed, the cars are always top notch and there is never a detail which looks out of place. And hell, that's a Miura
Wutputt - the most original picture hands down! Well spotted!
dani - when you first put this pic in your signature I was on my ass! The high-res is even better, this is pro stuff, nice choice of location to shoot flying WRC cars :shock:
[bPolouser[/b] - sweet night shot of a nice car. trail lights are always fun but not sure it was a good idea to tilt the camera/picture
stmoritzer - woha! For a moment I though the SLR would jump out of the fucking screen! This is a pure beauty: the SLR is really nice when shoot with a wide angle up close from the front! Only downside for you: you used already a silver SLR last month and already got awarded with a second spot
dodo - again a night shot, again trail lights. Beautifull. The car behind the Gallardo (Clio?) spoils it a little bit, but not too much
titanboy - not a frantic car, but a good pic with good light and all!
magwheel - very sweet driveway picture! Even sweeter if we thing it is yours and another 4 or 5 supercars hide somewhere nearby
speedracer - very mean looking Z06 :good: and well exectuted panning shot.

Many nice pics, but IMO three of them really stand out: dingo's, dani's and komotar's. To pic one was fucking hard and I started to think about it some days ago actually! I'd like to go with dani, but racing/rally cars' pics are not my coup of tea.. so I am left with dingo's CLS55 and komotar's 159... two great pics but the 159 is brutally perfect. I am in love!

Cyril, you got my vote this month good luck to everybody!!!!