View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 11:02 PM   #19
deth
Regular User

Originally Posted by zevolv
dragsters have bitchloads of both yes. Torque is all about turning those wheels (torque=force*distance) so if your car has the power to turn the engine it can create alot of torque and that's why most larger engines have a longer stroke and that's the advantage of a long block over a short block.
firstly the longe stroke does not produce more torque solely because torque = force times distance(which is actaulyl incorrect). in fact the the propper equation for torque is torque = force times perpendicular distance, and therefore since the cylinder travels perpendicular to the motion of the cam shaft, the length of the stroke has no effect on torque in that respect. more torque is generated by engines with longer strokes b/c it have a higher compression ratio, which is the same principal as a turbo/supercharger, ie more air/fuel in a smaller area = more boom.

Originally Posted by zevolv
yes torque is force*distance(that's what the Lever Arm is) that's why ALL Torque Wrenches are exactly 1 foot long hence Torque is in Lbs per feet, foot pounds of torque get it?
and no not all torque wrenchs are exactly 1 foot.. if you dont believe me look here. think about it, if u need to torque a bolt to 250 ft lbs , how are you going to do that with a 1 foot wrnch?! apply 250 ftlbs? damn hard if u ask me................

next time do your homework, or know what the fuck u're talking about before you post! :roll: and to think that your dad has all those muscle cars and u don't know what a torque wrench looks like?! do u have any pix of your so called dad's cars? or are you just another Donny?