View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #38
ice
Regular User

allanlambo,

IM glad you have a passion for Itlian cars, but do not think that having owned botha lambo and a ferrari makes you any less likely to be bias.

First, Lambo didnt have a competitor to the 360 till last year, so in fact they ddint outrun it. And the fact is that the countache was never the same type of car as the Ferrari's it ran against. It got attention for its looks and power, but it handled liek a boat, and although the TR isnt much better, it did handle better, if by a small bit.

Since then the diablo was their only car. The 550 was not its competitor, it was a GT car and only that. Teh diablo was far more comparable to an F50, which even if the braking and acceleration numbers r close, was a far faster car on a track.
And wasnt it the Diablo that had water leaks when it rained? I have a few family firend who opened up his door after it rained and had water come out, and i know that you know he wasnt the only one.

Again, the downhill point has no merit, becuase times on the slope have been beaten by independant testers.

The Gallardo is STILL beaten by the 360. The Gallardo, as Tiff put it, is not the drivers car the 360 is. Although a great car, it doesnt have the dynamics a small supercar should have. Sure, its faster, but its newer and has 100 plus hp on it. The CS effectively nulified this peformance deficit. And those numbers posted above? What about R&T's numbers? And the other magazines? Some of those CS numbers are not any faster then proven base 360 numbers. A 4.4 to 100? Cmon. An 8.4 for the Gallrdo to 100 mph? Sure, on what planet. I havent seen one other test below 9 seconds. The Gallardo is not the same type of car, and on a loong, flowing track that depends on straight acceleration and long swooping corners, or on a track where the AWD forgiveness will allow u to make less mistakes(ie; the nurburgring), the GAllardo will be faster. But when you look at just about any other publication, including all the Brits, the CS is just in a different league then the GAllardo. Its not as comfortable, but its lighter, and its more hardcore, less forgiving but infinately more exciting. Its a race car, the Gallrdo a fast roadcar more long the likes of a 911 turbo. FAst, powerful, but not as exciting, not as fun. The perfect article to exemplfy this is in EVO when they pit the GT3 RS vs the CS. He states exactly why the Gallrdo isnt in the test, and hes absolutely right.

And against the 430, the Gallardo is staright beaten. Every mag thats compared them so far gives the 430 the nod, despite only have driven it for less the one day. They didint even need to see the number if it is faster, or even if it was faster on a track.

So does the 6 year old base 360 pose a staright line threat to the Gallrdo? No, you are right. But as a package it is the better sports car, from its looks to its sound to its handling. I mean, the sales speak for themeselves. My dad couldnt pay his way into getting a new 360 earlier, but the lambo dealer told us we could have a Gallardo in a week. And what journal has actually said theyd have the Gallardo over the 360? It does things faster, yes, but not better.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote