View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 08:51 AM   #12
DJF1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Acceleration is amazing, but what's more interesting is that the CGT owner never want to let DJF1 have a pass even tho he is obviously slower (or should i say pampering the car) but of course, DJF1, u are in the wrong group, can't blame them. Thanx for the video and very interesting comentary =)
Thank you guys for the kind comments! St.Anger, now that I know how to do it, I will prepare more interesting videos

Lakatu, you are right. There are different run times for different run groups. To be honest I did not mind much the hold up, as a matter of fact it is a pretty good training as in an event like that you cannot pass unless the leading car gives you a passing signal. At the same time you have to be polite and not rub any fenders so to speak, so judging your approach speed and when you can make the pass in "traffic" is a very good training.

5vz-fe, I think that the CGT owners was more surprised than anything else, that I was able to stay on his bumper so to speak... Driving a CGT I guess gives you that state of mind, that it would not really be possible for an "older" 993 Carrera to stay with you or be faster than you... After he finally gave me a pass he tried to stay with me, he did on the straight obviously but after turn 1 I was a goner... The acceleration of the CGT was a humbling experience, not even Cup cars dont leave me that much in the dust!!! I was awe struck when he floored it... Reportedly his top speed before turn 1 was 175mph!!!!!
Equally impressive I must say though was the GT3 as well. Boy when he floored it he was a goner too... Watching the video puts evil thoughts on my mind of trading up
DJF1 is offline   Reply With Quote