View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by toffytofik View Post
Excuse me, but if we talk about realistic games:

- all that Codemasters develops (CMR, Toca) is in fact... crap. (read: arcadish).
- all the "realistic" games from PS (GT4/5, Forza) are in fact... crap (read: arcadish).
- all of the ISI and SimBin developed simulators (GPL, GTR/GTR2, Race WTCC/Race 2007, rTractor) are realistic but their physics aren't any good.

The only realistic racing simulator with great physics and tire model is on PC and that is Live For Speed. I'm surprised no one knows about it.
netKar Pro (PC) is another sim featuring good physics and tire model, but the development is on halt.
Richard Burns Rally (PC) has decent physics and by far the only real rally simulator available on the market.
We all know about LFS and NKP - but as has been said, even if LFS is "real' (which its not) it is pretty stupid that after all these years theystill have crappy imaginary cars and have never bothered to take the title properly mainstream.

Sadly I paid for their product,a nd it really has not progressed much in the last 2 years at all.

RBR is no better than the IS engine based stuff sorry to say.

I do however fear that GRID will be a more "drift" than "shift"
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote