View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #23
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by GunnyD View Post
A bit off topic but Daimler AG got rid of Chrysler to Cerberus Capitol Management at a loss of $650 million USD. The corporation is now just Chrysler LLC. I have never been a MOPAR fan but I would drive the Dodge Challenger, but not buy it. After owning 2 Ford T-birds (pre retro makeover) and currently a Chevy Monte Carlo, I can't waste my money on another American made car. All three required new automatic transmissions, and leaked oil everywhere. My problem is being 6'2" and the Asian automakers make cars for midgets.
yeah, old news.... likely posted here, but not in the right section.

But the problem with the previous American cars you owned/ and own.... it is that they are crap. Our cars today are on par, or better then the Japanese competitor... and there is a reason I prefer driving a manual I'd rather be responsible for destroying a clutch... and be in control of how the power hits the pavement... but thats just me

The T bird old generation was so wollowy, under powered, bad differential, .... ugly... poorly assembled that many are falling apart... however, the Monte Carlo is the FWD Chevy competitor to it... i guess to each their own.

Until 2012, I will continue to support the domestic auto industry... and maybe even then to some degree...