View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #38
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat View Post
looks pretty good - a real sim should have rudimentary damage and better music imo ... but what do i know, i just decide with my wallet
Well, having now lived through Forza2's "rudimentary" damage, it may as well not be there and just give you a time penalty, because the real damage - mainly to the engine - complete failure, never happens so its really just eye candy - and any "real" driver would be trying their best to avoid damage

You don't like soothing relaxing fake elevator jazz? Music while driving on track is for the birds anyway

If only the morons who created Forza could have at least played ONE game of GT3/GT4 to see what a great steering wheel does to enhance the experience, and see that great replay cameras helps with the replay value - especially since they let youcustomize your ride so much.

If Forza had G25 support and GT style replays, then no amoutn of eye candy from GT5/GT6 or even GT7 could take away from Forza2 being one of the best driving games ever created... but they didn't so in the final analysis FM2 is really just a cool game to kick back on the sofa with a drive by controller between real world gigs - when it could have been the hardcore driving experience that GT5 will hopefully be.

In GT5 the tyre sounds should either go or be tunable by volume... I can live with bad AI as I enjoy hotlapping - but the tyre sounds are the major flaw for me at the moment - everything else has improved from GT3/GT4 and the GT5 Demo.. except the tyre sounds.

Can you imagine what the final polished graphics and movement modelling of the cars on track is going to look like ? -- only to be offset by the sound of a large bag of salt being dragged around the Walmart parking lot by a bicycle everytime a tyre slips.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote