View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #32
fabro_s
Regular User

Ok this is my review from the videos RC uploaded:

Visuals: you have to see them to believe them, theres no racing game in this world that matches those visuals, they are superb, they are perfect, they are stunning.. What did you expect from Polyphony and Kazunori??

Sound: The Viper and Vette sound really good, not perfect, but very very similar to the real life ones. The tire sounds are the same from GT1 they are trully annoying and you would expect some good tire sounds, I mean the visuals are what you expected from PS3 and Polyphony, so I dont get why the sounds are not any good. In general they can do much much better in the sound department for GT5, but I bet they wont change them.

A.I.: I can see like a 20% to 30% of A.I. improvement, but it looks like the same chunky stupid A.I. that crashes you if you get on its way, its disappointing comparing it to the A.I. found in Forza 2 for example, you expected again a much much better A.I. responsiveness in this GT but then again, its Prologue, I hope they get it 70% to 80% better in the final game.

In-car view: Looks great, all the small details look superb, the gloves, instrument panels everything looks pretty good, but you dont see a hand movement to the gear shift when you change gears, and I think thats a very important detail I hope PD doesnt forget, lets see if in the final game is fixed.

Details: I loved the way grass and dust fly by when you get off the track it looks excellent much much better than Forza 2, the tires look very very real I liked that, but then again you dont have tire marks or good real life tire smoke, is the same non existent disappearing tire smoke from GT1 which I hate. The main menu with the car in a photomode location, the intro before racing with your car on the pits, its superb, it makes the game feel real, it makes the game experience turn from good and fun to real and interesting. Replays then again, you have to see them to believe them, you have Top Gear camera views in those replays, they are stunning.

In general, theres much that PD and Kazunori have to work to get fixed, this demo can give you an intro of what you can expect from PD in GT5.

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote