View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:02 AM   #18
dons5
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
I was really excited when the Enzo came out. I went to the LA auto show, went into the Ferrari booth and saw it, took a picture with it etc... Then I got to see it more times, and frankly, it's an ugly car. Interesting? Yes. Technically brilliant? Yes. Pretty? No. It's not remotely attractive in my eyes. The shape is really interesting. The cutlines are pretty elaborate. All the panels, I'm sure, are very functional. But everything's so wrong. The proportion's hideous. So much front overhang. The doors are massive and unwieldy. The surfaces are pretty flat and uninteresting by themselves. The car seems to have been designed purely on aerodynamic experimentation rather than any sense of aesthetics.

I'd say, for an identical car, the MC12 looks much better, if not overadorned. At least they bothered to stretch the rear end out to balance the front overhang. It's funny that you mentioned the Carrera GT, because I was just thinking this morning that Carrera GT is possibly the "prettiest" car out of the group. It's got everything right, yet because it hasn't got a visual gimmick, it's apparently the most forgettable.
I dunno I think the Enzo looks bette rthan the Maserati MC12 and at the same time looks just as, if not more "right" and proportioned then the mc12. I was staring at an mc12 maybe 2 or 3 years ago, and yes its definetely up there, but its no enzo. The long and super duper low front overhang and nose of the enzo perfectly matches the long flattish rear. I hate the cars these days comming out with boxed and big looking flattened out front ends, the enzos is super low and thin, like most cars used to be until around the early 2000's ( i think it has something to do with pedestrian frontal impact safety laws or something). I cant explain it, the enzo is just perfect to me.

I saw a carrera GT downtown maybe 2 summers ago, beautiful, gorgeous etc I had to go around the block, park and walk to it to look at it for like i dunno 15 or so mins. But after that I was like ok ya its freakin beautiful but time to go now (although i had to do a quick final drive by before going home lol), but it just wasnt exotic enough like a "hypercar" should be. The Enzo, i just couldnt believe it, the Carrera GT was like oh my fuckin god that thing is sooooooooo fuckin NICE!!, but the Enzo was just like, hoooolllllyyyyyyyyyyyy fuuuccccckkkkkkkkkk, wow, omg, holy shit, wow, wow and you can never get over it lol.

Im rambling on and all this is pointless cause everyone has there own oppinions, but the Carrera GT looked too similiar in real life as it does in pics and vids (same with the Audi R8), so I was SLIGHTLY just SLIGHTLY TINY bit disapointed when i saw it for the first time in person. When I saw the Enzo though in real life, it just blew me away, i was speechless, literally.

I think Tiff Needel on 5th Gear said the same thing in a really old review, says something like "looks akward and funny in pics, kinda ugly. Then you see it in person and its just stunning".

In your defence though, i remember an article maybe 1-2 years after the Enzo came out where Ferrari themselves stated if they had the same tech as they had at that time back when they made the Enzo, they could have made it more beautiful. So I guess even Ferrari agree they werent satisfied with it truly 100%, looks wise.

Last edited by dons5; 08-01-2009 at 06:09 AM.
dons5 is offline   Reply With Quote