View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by gobs3z
On the other hand, if you're on a racetrack and something with the car goes wrong, then there is a serious manufacturing problem
How can you say that?

The car is a street car.
F*** that, have you ever thought that there is a point in the power war where that these "street cars" are getting too powerful for the average rich guy that just wants a lambo. I'm positive you're seeing a rise in street supercar accidents because it's gotten to a point where the power might just be too much without the mandation from companies to give driving lessons. I would totally respect a company for giving manditory driving lessons, reason being, if they don't i have a feeling the government would eventually step in. The LP640 is a rare car and we've already seen a significant amount crash. I think the Enzo's aren't crashing like the LP640 (although we've seen a few) because it's even a rarer car which leaves most owners to not driving them.

Point is, these street cars are getting beyond the point of being a street car. The manufacturers of these cars did not design them to be driven down narrow urban roads, yes they are street cars, but that was not what they were intended for (possibly an empty highway) .
The LP640 is a street car - period.

Any car, even an F1 can be driven at 30mph in a 30mph zone.. witness how F1 cars are able to drive down pitlane at the speed limit.

Every driver has the choice to "take it easy" on urban streets - some choose not to. This is THEIR problem not the cars.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote