View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Why would I trust his opinion more than that of a professional reviewer? You think the people who make a living out of driving and writing about cars aren't 'fellow enthusiasts'?

Jeez you people sure can be stuck up around here.
Well - since this is the entire POINT of the members review seciton is to get an "enthusiasts view point" lets continue this discusison - I am surenth won't mind.

What makes you think they are all "profesisonal reviewers"?

And for that matter, what makes a "profesisonal reviwer"?

Requoted for emphasis:
You think the people who make a living out of driving and writing about cars aren't 'fellow enthusiasts'?
DAMN STRAIGHT

Very few "professional reviewers" are autoenthusiasts... in fact that is the MAIN PROBLEM!!!! Most of them are JOURNALISTS first.. then Car Magazine staffers 2nd... then a distant 3rd... MIGHT have a true interests and enthusiasm in cars.

After all - what you are falling in love with is not ehir "review" - but rather what they "wrote" abou tthe review..

I mean, serioauly, if the idea of "member reviews" is so repulsive to you - why did you bother reading the thread/seciton?

Just so you could say "your review sucks cause C&D says different to what you say"??
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote