Old 05-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by dannyroz
Originally Posted by Ronin005
oh no, not another crappy Vette!!
Exactly. All the car magz say the power of the Vette is awesome but just lacking a bit in the suspension department. I guess thats good old American enginuity for ya

Still 600hp from the factory is recockulous
Heres another one for you Nth... I guess 7m42s around the Nurburgring is "just lacking a bit in the suspension department"... :roll:
How many runs around the 'ring did GM take to set that time? 1? 100? How much of the suspension was tweaked according to each run to get a better time on the next lap?
GM only spent 2 weeks in germany testing if memory serves.

in that time, the hot lap was the second of three laps. a warm up lap, hot lap, and a cool down lap with Jan Magnusun at the helm.

prior to setting the amazing lap time; who knows how much the Z06 team adjusted camber, castor; how many clicks on the suspension; ride height etc. it doesn't matter.

q:how many times to race cars change thier geometries prior to a race?
a: as many times as nessisary to get the pilot both comfortable, and as fast as he possibly can lap after lap.

the point is, the settings on the hot-lap were done with the same settings the production car has.

people complain that the vette lacks "feel" in the suspension... well; this is a similar complaint from many reviewers regarding the 1+++Million dollar Mclaren F1.

you people can't have it both ways. if the car lacks feel, and cost $65,000; and has such high tolerances; who is to argue anything about it feeling like the unpredictable Mclaren F1?

Meh, i'd take a W8 anyway, and trounce em all

well - he was right, but we have lost so many of the original core group, and many of those that remain show their true colours daily.
people dont realize how many really arn't here anymore. there are those who left publically... and the quiet dissenters who sometimes even still logon... but there isn't anything they feel worth posting about. that group almost seems invisible these days; even when some of us try to stir things up. 0X

Now I see why Jabba, Dan, and TT were doing what they did do back in early January; where before I didn't understand it. I can't say it was the wrong move.