Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #40
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
^^ So you are smoking every day and still cranking out straight A's in all your classes!?
If thats the case then think what the hell you could be doin if you wernt smoking!!And if youve bin on it daily for the last year or more then giving up just like that when you go to uni aint gunna be at all easy.
heeh well hey maybe not all A's but the majority...i was only trying to prove a point. i know smokin is detrimental to ones health, that it saps energy, enthusiasm, motivation etc. and i understand that yah it wont be all that easy to stop cold turkey, but once again i didnt say i was going to stop altogether when i go to univ, just severely cut down, now as RC45 says, i also know that theres more to life than just burning, but i dont fully agree with the fact that my life would be exponentially more successful than it is at the moment. and coombsie, i dunno if u attend college(community college i am refering to) or univ but the majority of college programs here in canada are a breeze.(dont flame me i didnt say it was so for everyone, this is my opinion based on my educational skills, background and general "smarts" i was given to by my parents. and please dont say "if u were smart, u wouldnt smoke" cause thats bull as well. the way i justify smoking on a regular basis is that as long as i am gettin done what needs to be done(school, thats all i have on the table right now, then employment during the summer) then i see no problem with smoking on a daily basis. YEs i know it can cause cancer, and i know it "slows" u down, but frankly where i am in my life, i can do it whenever i want without any severe lashback. (for reference i am in biz admin marketing)