View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
harryo2b
Regular User

Originally Posted by Manik890 View Post
Anybody?
Put your money into the glass!!! Most all bodies from Nikon or Canon will provide a amateur an excellent platform to get accustomed to photography but a kit lens or equivelant on the camera can greatly limit the image and the photographer. By investing in some good glass you will notice a great difference at full resolution over the consumer lenses.

For example i stared out with the Canon 17-85 IS, which i still use, as my first lens. Excellent lens for walk around and beginner on a 30D but when i had a bit of cash saved up and more experience with the camera i threw down on the newest 70-200 4L IS and was blown away by the image quality and how superior it was from contrast to color over the 17-85. Get the newest/best body you can afford and budget for a good lens to start out with along with a Hoya or B&W filter to protect the glass. Don't try to get everything at once as you will end up wanting to replace it later. Those eBay packages aren't worth it in my opinion.
Check out B&H photo.com or beachcamera.com (no affiliation) I have bought all my equipment from them and couldn't be happier!

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote