View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
Manik890
Regular User

Default First serious camera

Hey guys, I posted a bit here I while back when I had my site up and running. I've shut it down since and now, lately, I', thinking of bringing it back up.

I was shooting with a Fujifilm E900 during the time span of the site, it was my first camera step up from the basic $200 cameras my family always used. It offered a few manual modes and helped me learn a lot about photography. But now, I've been interested with a better range of camera, a more serious one.

I searched some reviews and visited a few local retailers and got some good advice, most people preffered Canon and Nikon, so I have narrowed my search vagualy into these two brands.

I'm looking for something that gives good quality images with minimum noise, as I have had problems with noise in the past, which is why I am mentioning it. But yeah, Its a fairly broad request but those are the things most important to me.

I've started to become interested in the Canon 350d and 400d models, based on the countless positive reviews. AS far as I understand the 350d was a revolutionary camera and 400d is essentially the same camera updated with more features. As well as the Nikon D40, although I don't know much about the D40.

Any advice would be appreciated, as I'm looking for something in the $500 to a $800 maximum range. Also I checked out a few offers on eBay, they brag about multiple lenses and a mem card. But after checking out the leneses, on the really cheap offers, such as 3 lenses a 2 gig card and a 400d body for $790 all seem to have tamron lenses. But I'm unsure of the quality of tamron, as I dont plan on buying new lenses very often.

I came here to ask for advice because TT helped give me advice on my site and photography originally and the forums here seem to have many skilled photographers. Once again, any advice on a good quality camera and bundled lens setup would be appreciated.