View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #42
nthfinity
Regular User

Well, its high time to put something here, if only just a preview

I've been driving a 2003 Mustang Cobra coupe most of the day today...

Steering isn't as numb as i have come to expect from Ford cars... in fact, concidering how much assistance there is, its definately better then the F bodies steering by a long shot.

Ride... HOLY CRAP!!! even over Michigan potholes, this car actually rides better then my Jeep! how did they do that?

Handling, 400 HP, 400 ft. lbs is just soooo much coming out of bends, where the ass end dips out... more knowlege of the cars dynamics would likely see me feathering the throttle more. Corner entry, i backed off so I wouldn't end up in the woods, but there was plenty grip left for what i was doing.

The suspension being macpherson strut has too much dive under braking, so I didn't attempt any trail braking... it may work, but my skill level with this car may have poor results

Accelleration
another car that just requires the gas to get the tires to light up in 1rst gear Although, i really didn't perform any hard launches... we all know its data... but its feel... 1rst gear feels like a merry-go-round with other people moving towared the middle! 2nd gear.... wow! few cars have the smoothness of the Cobra shifting into second... flawless on throttle shifting, and good for 90ish mph

BTW, this car has enormously tall gearing... on that subject, the shifter is great for 1rst/2nd... but 3rd seems almost invisible to feel, so accidental 5th shifts can happen, as well as 6th instead of 4th... a bit annoying, but after driving for a while, that doesn't happen quite so much.

Engine note: what, all i here is a really loud roots supercharger mashing the air in! every so often when not on boost, It is one of the best i've ever heard... now, only if i could hear the outside the car version

Sound system, for having tooo few options for EQ, the Mach 1000 does sound nice. controls are extremely basic looking.

anyway... i've got a lot yet to "review" here... pictures and the full review will be coming.