View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #4
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
I WANT TO GO!!

thers a problem though.. my sti doesnt have 1000 miles yet!!! !! i knowy ya'll are gonna say well what r u wating for u still ahve a week.. tru.. i only have like 300 miles to go so mayb ill get them in a week.. most likelly...
but my dad doesnt really like the idea of me racing... i know.. stupid ur thinking... what more is a sti for... but well... he bought it.. his rules.. ill tell him about it, if i can ill pm u RC and ill c ya'll there!
Tell your dad how fun and educational an autocross session can be. You can learn a lot about car control in a safe environment, much more safer than running on a road course; unless you drive like an ass. Things like corner entry and extreme transient maneuvers, experiencing ABS lock-up can all be experienced in a controlled environment for the first time, compared to experiencing them in an emergency situation on the street for the first time.
He sounds like a cool dad, maybe you can persuade him to attend the school with you? Would be a great father/son bonding experience.

P.S.- Give me the keys to your car- I'll put the 300 miles on it in one day!
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote