View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #39
Anonymous

Originally Posted by st-anger
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I understand your point st-anger - and I've also thought about his parents, his wife and kids... but this guy was doing 256kmh on a public road (not even a autostrada). For me it deserves the same respect as a drunk driver...
...i perfectly see your - and the others point - when talking about excessive speeding on public roads and its effects and this is IMO the main point here and SHOULD probably be the main point of the whole discussion and NOT if or if not heŽs been that stupid and even entitle him as ... whatever...

Dani, a drunk driver doesnŽt know what heŽs doing but 90% of the drivers whoŽre owning such cars, or sportscars in general, definitely know what theyŽre doing and are 110% concentrated PLUS - they know about the risks, everything else is fate, but i have to admitt that driving that fast wherever is probably not the smartest thing to do but to discuss that in full detail weŽd need waaaaay more time and i think uŽd then understand my point "better" - better said uŽd see it from another side...

last, i again want to add that it could have been myself but as i said - to fully understand that it would take us quite some time..........................
Yup but as you say he knew the risks, that's life, maybe these pics will encourage some other person not to drive so fast to cause that much damage when it is clearly not appropriate to do so. We all take risks but we can still have sympathy for his family even while saying its his own damn fault by the looks of that (no proof of course yet but 99% certain) I feel bad for his family and friends but I don't believe in fate, he took the risk and lost, that can happen even while on track the proper place for such driving, the human body is not made for such impacts :bah: If there was gore in the pics i don't think TT would have posted them, but for discussion of the right and wrongs and to discourage others from meeting the same fate its appropriate IMO. I'm just glad nobody else was involved.

Fact is at the sort of speeds being speculated he could have quite easily taken multiple people with him, i don't care how concentrated or how much he knew what he was doing i'm pretty damn sure he was in the wrong. He certainly chose the wrong road, single carraigeway with white line usually indicates it is not the sort of road to push such a car :bah: