View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #25
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Ok, I did some upgrading again. As I don't change lenses that often anymore (I know what to use when) and my gear is getting a little too heavy to put on one shoulder, I ditched my Crumpler Geekstar and the Stunner (still had it from my 350D+kitlens-days) and bought a large backpack, the Pyjama Pride L. It's quite large, but so am I, so it still looks kinda normal. All my gear easily fits in it, with room to spare. This is what it looks like on my back:

I also sold both my 420EX and my 550EX, since I use the Nikon SB's for off-camera stuff. I wanted my main flash to be covered by my insurance (only new items over €200) so I bought the 580EX. I also bought a CP-E3, that fits 8 AA batteries. Recycle-times are under 2sec at M 1/1 flash! Also gives me power for a lot of frames, perfect for a day at the track and fill-flashing panning-shots.

And third: I sold my 24-105 f/4 L IS. Sure, the range is great for a walkaround on fullframe, but I like the DOF and low-light ability's of f/2.8 better. I also bought it for the IS, for car-to-car-shots, but I hardly do those and can handle it without IS just fine. The f/2.8 together with a useable ISO3200 on the 5D is great for partyshots etc.

Some images shot with the new gear:

(24mm on fullframe is lotsa wide-angle!)

(just to check if I could still do panning shots at 1/30s, without the IS )

(gotta love high ISO + f/2.8 )