View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #48
sameerrao
Regular User

Dingo, How long do you plan to keep the Rexx? You seem to be going at a good clip on the mods front. Typically there would be a 50% loss of value to the modded part when it comes time to sell the car.

My opinion (and its only an opinion) is that if you plan to sell the car in the next 3 years or earlier then it makes sense not to add more to this car and save up for a the future car. On the other hand, you want to keep the car for several years then modifications start to make more sense.

Take my case. I have had my Audi for the last 5 years (its birthday was 2 days back). So far the car has been bulletproof (touch wood). I haven't modified it as 90% of the S4 owners do.

Initially it was because I wanted to keep the car stock within the warranty period. Once the warranty expired about a year back, I actually liked the car as-is and didnt feel that it was worthwhile to do more to it. Its my all-round car and therefore needs to be reliable, relaxing as well as fun which it is in stock form.

Instead of pouring more money into the S4, I want to save up over the next 2-3 years to add a Ferrari 348 to the stable to get a proper fun car to back up the S4.

Just food for thought....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote