View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
yea this sucks for america more technology sold off. but china is also struggling my housemate spends half his time there and over the last two years they have also been taking hits, china is also a major part of western global econimical structure were there an american company of six equals a company of 30 in china and tax is pretty much non-existent and are most known for the worst quality control and human rights violations in mass production. they (china)are a major support for western global structure. like i tell all my friends and family look at what u buy and look to see were it was designed,made,built,assembled and grown and when available buy what u belive will help ur family,friends,neighbor,neighborhood,town,city,sta te,providence,country and continent and world but most what u belive in. something ive always done will continue to do when available its not always possible to stay away from cheaper stuff but i try and im sure it helps keep some jobs in the local economy
This is very true.

If you live in Brazil, support "made in Brazil' - in Australia "made in Australi" and so on.

Local manufacturing strength is what allows a country/region to survive recession.

The lack of local manufacturing is what is going to really make it hard for the western countries to come out of this recession.

And local manufacturing does mean "protectionism" - it just means a strong local manufacturing sector can exist in many trading partner countries. Having all the service jobs in one and all the manufacturing in the other is not a good scenario.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote