View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:04 AM   #18
Overmind
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001
Can we warn other readers of potential spoilers like this please?

***SPOILER***

Thanks!

Maybe this could be a JW Rule for the Movies section?
sorry , I my self almost never read into a movie forum topic's before having seen the movie , but then on the other hand I also don't read reviews before going into theater ... I find it kinda hard to form a personal opinion after having read a review.

***SPOILER***
Originally Posted by twboy1999
if war of the world didnt have the piece of crap garabage ending i think it would be a decent film but not great... but this ending.. is totally just like what the fuck..... this has to be one of the stupidest ending in a movie....
the robots suddently just died because all the waters and shit are polulated and they cnat adapt...
It's the whole point of the novel, god dammit! Humanity didn't stand a chance and was almost completely whiped out. We didn't win, we lost, there was absolutely nothing we could do to defeat the aliens. It were Earth's flora and fauna which in parallel with human's struggle were fighting their own battle against the invading alien's homeplanet's nature have won. If I remember it correctly in the book alien's red weed started dying out before the aliens themselfs.