Thread: Vector W8
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

Oh my, where to start... Each stat is true

your signature image of the W8 gives some wrong info.
The Michelin XGT tires 200(!) mph approved (not 250),
R&T tested the W8 at 0.97 lateral g (not 1.2)

The car was tested by another publication to 1.25 G with the suspension adjusted for race set up.... like other hypercars, the suspension is fully adjustable. the tires are also w/out any doubt the first set of street tires approved for 250 mph.... and they are also the only of its type in its size. Michillen discontinued them for obvious reasons... but still wont sell the mold

Also, the VECTOR design has NEVER seeen any windtunnel.
The drag coefficient must be horrible.

Actually it has, and I know the guy who did the work; and its cd. is .32xxxx

I have never heard of any W8 that was taken over 180 mph top speed
and the front end has a lift issue when taken to higher speed which makes the VECTOR most likely the super car most difficult to drive.

I know many W8 onwers and only to have taken their car on the highway at highspeed, one in Japan , one in Germany on the Autobahn.

Andre Agassi took his w/out radiators installed to 220 mph.

The W8 was also tested to 242 mph rpm limited @ boneville. the number was publicized, but retracted after the initial owners couldn't get insurance for thier new car.... also, I know the guy who did this.

As i promiced, I will be bringing the full story to light... I've just been extremely busy.... and have a 12pm EST deadline to meet.

cheers, good to see another Vector lover

My information comes from one of the most reliable people, and places possible... no, not Jerry

on a side note, the W8 is slightly hairry at 180 mph, but settles right down at 190 mph... this is the reason why many owners don't taker her up to such high speeds.

if you recall, the F1 had a similar problem at 220 mph, but "settles back down a little above it"