View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by Skaala
Originally Posted by ViperASR
First one took 1,5 hours, the next, a half. Can't wait to do the fronts.
Isnt it awesome the feeling you accomplishing something on your car , even if it is just something like changing brake rotors/pads. God, if I had a dollar for everytime ive had the discs off on the Porsche....

I just did the front ball-joints on the Porsche (because of the lowered front end had to get longer ball-joints to flatten on the control arms and steering arms), and it was funny like you said, the first one takes a long ass time, then the 2nd one goes relativly quickly.
true, true. Only problem is that now I'm hooked....what am I going to fix next? Or maybe not fix, my car is fine, but upgrade? Powerflex bushings maybe? 8)

Bushings are fun it took me 2 hours to do all the rears in My truck today, that's on a lift with air tools and a large press, torch, sawzall and ballping hammer, oh and 2 long ass prybars... Off-Roading will do some damage to them (I literaly tore the rubber from the metal housings on almost all the trailing arms and idler arms and snapped a sway bar endlink) So next week I am installing a 2 inch lift kit and Quick disconnect Sway bar end links.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote