View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Overmind
RC45: I might be wrong, but I think this is just a visualisation/interface system. I also doubt that each of those panels carries a CPU... I think those are just little cool looking thouch screen displays which are then plugged on a PC controlled panel.
I doubt that is the ultimate goal - as the particular item displayed on the tile appears to be tied to the tile itself.

The idea of having individual pprocess capable devices is not so far fetched.

Also in your doctor example I think you are mixing the interface with the cumbersome and heavy hospital IS app .
Not at all- having worked with a number of such systems - I am stating that having such a simple interface to access the systems and bring continuity to such solutions will make them more functional than they are today.

Or do you think switching to the cool panels will get rid of it?
Not at all- this would be the simplification of the interface to already existing solutions - just imagine the new ones it makes possible

I also suggest you consider how proprietary Sony's systems usualy are .
Doesn't matter how proprietary their systems are - they have broken new ground in so man fields that later became daily accepted use items.

You would not have an iPod today had Mr "Sony" not asked to have his engineers think of a way to let him take his music with him - giving the world the Walkman.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote