View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Bizi Jones View Post
nope, like I said, it seems that by logging out of psn the game loads fine...that's the current fix...until rockstar comes out with some sort of update

its been working fine since
I think logging in to PSN is not the real cause, as when the game starts up, it does nto appear to be making any network calls - I mean, it has no reason to.

My vote is on fragmented game install.

I have managed toduplicate this issue and fix now.

I filled up the drive with rubbish, and reinstalled GTA4 and it takes an age to start - or kust locks up.

If I free up space, then install the game, it runs ok.

On my system at least, there appears to be a direct correllation to drive freespace (and probably then also fragmenttation) and the success of loading the game.

**More Discovered Attention to Detail**

Anyway, back to the game - there is clever attention to detail (that I dont recall from the little time I spent on GTA3) that makes it very interesting - one of the first times I jacked a 69 Camaro in downtown, I wanted to do a rolling burnout through Times Square.

So I stood on the brakes, and powerbraked into a great smoeky burnout... and then was admiring the chaos with the arious camera angles - but as I went to leave a nice r=ubber strpe, the tyres burst - hehe

First one then the other - but essentially I had corded the tyres and was now on the rims sparks flying everywhere.

These little touches make the difference I think.

BTW - what are the fraking glowing pigeons for? Just racking up kills?

Last edited by RC45; 05-04-2008 at 02:00 PM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote