View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
mindgam3
Regular User

ok, lets start the ball rolling

Gehard Berger Coming Back to F1.... for the FIA

"Ex-F1 star and BMW motorsport boss Gerhard Berger is poised for a sensational return to Formula 1 in a senior FIA role.

F1 Racing magazine, on sale today, reveals that Berger, who quit BMW at the 2003 Italian GP, has been earmarked by FIA president Max Mosley as one of his key future aides.

Mosley is widely tipped to stand for re-election in October and should his bid succeed, he wants to delegate many of the president's responsibilities to two hand-picked individuals.

Berger would be Mosley's chosen representative to take on the bulk of the FIA president's motorsport duties.

Speaking exclusively to F1 Racing Mosley says: "It wasn't my intention to stand for re-election, but now there's significant pressure from all sides of the FIA saying I should.

“But if I do it will be as part of a team of three people - one doing the sport, one doing the touring side and one doing not nearly so much."

Berger, who has had no F1 involvement since leaving last year, has in the past said he has no ambition ever to be FIA president. But he has also told friends he misses the sport and would relish an opportunity to become involved once again at a senior level.

Were Berger to be appointed, he would be likely to adopt the title of FIA deputy president (motorsport). "

At last maybe we'll get some decent input from them
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote